Learning and Development
If career development is important to you, then you’re in the right place!
Our purpose is to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers, our communities and our people.
A key part of that is setting you up with the experiences and learning opportunities you need to reach your full potential at The Cumberland.
To do this:
- We’ll help you develop through on the job training, face to face sessions, webinars and conference calls, self-development and external conferences/courses.
- You’ll have access to training on soft skills as well as task-based learning.
- We fund professional qualifications. Some examples our people have recently studied towards include:
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP)
- APM Project Management Qualification
- Management and Leadership
- Certificate in Treasury
- Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Certified Internal Auditor
- We support professional membership and we’re happy to fund your membership fees.
- You’ll set annual objectives with your line manager, and review these together throughout the year. This includes the opportunity to include personal objectives too, so you can focus on the areas important to you.