Help & Support

Need assistance? Browse our help and support topics and frequently asked questions

Popular Questions

  • How do I register for Internet Banking?

    Download our form

    If you're an existing Cumberland current account customer who would like to register for Internet Banking, please download our registration form which you can return to us via email or post. You’ll need to make sure this is signed, so if you’re emailing your form back to us, you’ll need to send us a scan or photograph of the completed form.

    Please email completed forms to or return by post to Cumberland House, Cooper Way, Parkhouse, Carlisle, CA3 0JF.

    Chat online

    You can also use our webchat facility to chat online to our Customer Care team or call 01228 403 141 for help registering for Internet Banking.

  • I've forgotten my Internet Banking log in details, what do I do?

    Forgotten User Name

    You can find your original User Name (also referred to as your Customer Number) in the welcome email or letter which was sent to you when you opened your current account or registered for Internet Banking.

    Initially, we provide you with and 6-7 digit username but this is something you have the option to change when you log in. If you have since changed it, please call our Customer Care team on 01228 403 141.

    Forgotten Access Code

    Your Access Code is a case sensitive password you set up when you first log onto Internet Banking. If you have forgotten your Access Code, please call our Customer Care team on 01228 403 141.

    Access Suspended

    If your access to Internet Banking has been suspended, please call our Customer Care team on 01228 403 141.

  • What do I do if I've forgotten my debit card PIN?

    Forgotten PIN

    If you've forgotten your debit card PIN, you can request a replacement one by calling our Customer Care team on 01228 403 141. We’ll send your replacement PIN by post, which you’ll receive within 5-7 working days (bank holidays will extend this period).

    Please note that for security purposes, we cannot provide your PIN details over the phone.

    You can also request a replacement PIN in branch. If you would like to withdraw cash from your account, please remember to bring a form of ID with you.

  • How do I change my PIN?

    Changing your PIN

    You can change your PIN at an ATM. Simply insert your card into the machine, enter your current pin and follow the on screen instructions. The option to change your PIN will usually be found by clicking “Other Services”. Please choose a PIN that can't be easily guessed by others, and be careful not to share it with anyone else.

  • How do I update my contact details?

    Internet Banking

    You can update your address, email address and/or landline telephone number through your Internet Banking. Log onto Internet Banking, select 'Other Services' from the menu, and then 'Change My Details'. Follow the on-screen instructions, and ensure you have your mobile phone nearby, as we'll verify your request via a text to your registered mobile number.

    Send us an email

    You can scan or photograph a signed, written request to update your name, address, email or phone number and email this as an attachment to .

    Request a change by post

    If you're unable to visit a branch, we can accept a request to change your details by post. Please include in any correspondence your full name, account number and signature. For any supporting documentation, please send the original or a Solicitor certified stamped copy.

    Please address your letter to:

    Customer Care Team, Cumberland House, Cooper Way, Parkhouse, Carlisle, CA3 0JF

    We cannot currently accept changes to your details over the telephone.

    Change of address

    We will require your full address including your postcode. You will need to include in any written communications your account number and a copy of identification (e.g. driving license, passport), or if you are changing your details in branch, please bring these along with you. If your account is a joint account, both signatories will need to change their details; however you do not have to come into branch together. We can't change the other account holder’s address without his or her written authority.

    Change of name

    We will require your new name along with proof of your name change (e.g. Marriage certificate, Decree Absolute, deed poll).

  • What should I do if I've spotted a transaction I don't recognise?

    There could be a number of reasons for this:

    • The company that you made a payment to may have a different trading name to the business name you know them by. A quick internet search can help identify the company name that you’re more familiar with.
    • Do you have a joint account? If so, did the other account holder make the payment?
    • Have you recently signed an agreement or contract with a supplier who has then charged you for a service?
    • Have you signed up for a free trial that has then become a paid service? Monthly subscriptions are often set up this way.
    • Is the amount different to what you were expecting? This can often happen with overseas transactions due to daily changes in exchange rates.

    Read more about unrecognised debit card transactions.

    If you still don’t recognise the transaction, call us on 01228 403 141 with your account number, the transaction date and amount, and the name of the company the payment is to.